Passports: Application Forms - WICU12 HD WSEE Erie, PA News, Sports, Weather, Events

Passports: Application Forms

The available passport application forms are double-sided. Although the second pages require no data from the applicant, they contain important information and official legal statements and are a required part of the application form. They should be read before completing the form and must be submitted with the completed first page. Your application will not be accepted without the second page. This form must be printed on 2 pages.

The following forms are available for printing. Failure to use the correct form will result in a delay in the issuance of your passport:

DS-11: Application for Passport in Person

This form must be presented and signed in person at an authorized passport acceptance facility.

You must use this form IF:

  1. You have never had a U.S. passport,
  2. You are under age 16,   -OR-
  3. If your most recent passport was lost or stolen. (If you are applying because your passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64 listed below.)

Please follow the instructions on the second page of the application.

DS-82: Application For Passport By Mail  (For Renewals Only)

This form should be used for renewing a previously issued U.S. passport either by mail, or, in person at a Regional Passport Agency if you are traveling internationally, or need your passport for foreign visas, within 14 days. For a list of Passport Agencies, including their addresses and automated appointment telephone numbers, please click here. There are four criteria for using this form. Please use the following checklist to see if you are eligible to apply with a DS-82:

1. I can submit my most recent passport AND
2. I was at least 16 years old when my most recent passport was issued AND
3. I was issued my most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
4. I use the same name as on my most recent passport or since my passport was issued, I have had my named changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect my name-change.

If you answered NO to any of the four statements above...STOP!  You cannot use form DS-82!!!  You must apply on application form DS-11.

Note:  The second page (back) of the DS-82 gives a phone number to call for inquiries. This number has changed. If you have a question about the application process or want to know the status of a pending application, please call theNational Passport Information Center.

DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost Or Stolen Passport

This form should be submitted along with the DS-11 Application for Passport and brought with you when you go in person to apply for a new passport if your previous passport has been lost or stolen.

Applying in Person > Renewing by Mail > Passport Costs > Changing Passport Names > Replacing Lost or Stolen Passports > Passport Application Forms > Contact the National Passport Information Center


Powered by WorldNow
3514 State St. Erie, PA 16508
Newsroom: (814)454-8812
Toll Free: 1(800)454-8812
Business offices: (814)454-5201
Share Stories
Submit your stories to our site!
Share Photos
Share your photos in our community galleries
Mobile Site
Be sure to stay constantly updated with the power of WICU12 and WSEE at your fingertips
Free Android App
Free iPhone App
Free iPad App
Storm Tracker App
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WICU. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
                   WICU/WSEE - 3514 State Street Erie, PA 16508 - (814) 454-5201 -