A local couple is homeless, after fire rips through their home.
The call came in around 3:30 Friday afternoon. Fire crews rushed to 11065 Springfield Road in Girard, to find the home engulfed in flames.
It took crews over an hour and a half to get the blaze under control. When they finally did, the house was destroyed.
Gail McDonald, who has lived there for more than 20 years, tells us that she was watching television in the living room, when the house broke out in flames.
Despite losing everything, she remains optimistic.
"I lost everything that I own," said McDonald. "But I still have the love of the Lord, my husband, my family, we have a great support group. We'll be alright. But, it's just hard to lose everything you own. It's a rough thing. People that have been in a fire understand that, but it's hard."