Update: We have new information on the fire out of Franklin township that killed one dog and burned its owner.
A state police fire marshall says the 58-year-old homeowner was burned on his back and legs.
He was taken to UPMC Hamot. His name is not being released.
Two other dogs were also taken to the vet.
The fire at the trailer along route 98 in Erie county is being called accidental due to the careless use of smoking materials. Both bought and rolled cigarettes, along with ashtrays and lighters were found all over the living room, where the fire started.
One man is in the hospital after an early morning house fire in Franklin township.
Crews responded to the home on route 98 about 5:30 Thursday morning.
We have learned that one person was taken to UPMC Hamot with burns. We're also told two dogs were rescued from the home.
A fire marshal was called to the scene Thursday morning and is searching for a cause of the fire.
No word on the condition of the victim at this time.