Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE S&P Dow Jones Indices
NEW YORK, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Dow Jones Indices announced today the launch of a family of indices based on the S&P GSCI® Single Commodities that applies the Capped Component rules according to the ESMA guidelines on UCITS issues.
Currently, the S&P GSCI includes 24 commodities that form 18 components, where three of the components, Petroleum, Wheat, and Cattle, include more than one commodity. For every S&P GSCI Single Capped Component, the namesake commodity is allocated 32%, with the remaining 68% equally distributed among the remaining commodities in the other components.
"The construction of each S&P GSCI Single Capped Component emphasizes the single commodity but within the spirit of diversification," says Jodie Gunzberg, Vice President at S&P Dow Jones Indices. "This provides market participants with a toolbox to build active funds that express views on individual commodities yet are well diversified to meet the guidelines."
The launch of the S&P GSCI Single Capped Component Family expands the offerings for clients interested in diversification as a core requirement to their investing or benchmarking programs. The S&P GSCI is the first major investible commodity index. It is one of the most widely recognized benchmarks that is broad-based and production weighted to represent the global commodity market beta.
For more information, please visit www.spdji.com/index-family/commodities/sp-gsci.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a part of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial AverageTM, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 830,000 indices covering a wide range of asset classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets. To learn more about our company, please visit www.spdji.com.
Standard & Poor's and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC, a part of McGraw Hill Financial. Dow Jones is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones"). These trademarks have been licensed to S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC. It is not possible to invest directly in an index. S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, Dow Jones, S&P and their respective affiliates (collectively "S&P Dow Jones Indices") do not sponsor, endorse, sell, or promote any investment fund or other investment vehicle that is offered by third parties and that seeks to provide an investment return based on the performance of any index. This document does not constitute an offer of services in jurisdictions where S&P Dow Jones Indices does not have the necessary licenses. S&P Dow Jones Indices receives compensation in connection with licensing its indices to third parties.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.