Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, October 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zbfd87/nonlethal) has announced the addition of the "Non-Lethal Weapons Market (2013 - 2018)" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The global non-lethal weapons market is estimated to be $880.5 million in 2013 and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.42% to reach $1,146.2 million by 2018. The cumulative market across the forecast period is $5.9 billion.
This report presents a complete analysis of the global non-lethal weapons market across the forecast period. It analyzes the factors driving the market, the challenges faced by the industry, and the factors restraining the growth of the market. It also discusses the key industry trends, market trends, and technology trends that are about to influence the global market. The report provides a complete market size of the global market over the next five years and talks about the market share by different sub-sectors.
The report provides insight into the regional trends in spending and analyzes the market size by region and also provides data on spending patterns by sub-sector for each region. It tracks, analyzes, and lays out the market size of the major defense spenders in each region and provides market share by sub-category, namely blunt impact non-lethal weapon, disperse non-lethal weapon, non-lethal electrical devices, directed-energy non-lethal weapon, and anti-vehicle non-lethal weapons. It also covers leading competitors in the global market and apart from a general overview of the companies; it also provides details on their financial position, key products, and markets.
- The change in the nature of warfare from conventional to insurgency and war in urban terrain has been a driving factor for the non-lethal weapons sector.
- The sector is highly competitive with a host of industry participants vying for contracts, and austerity in most western countries is expected to increase competition.
- High growth sectors in the global market includes the U.S. with a CAGR of 5.05%, followed by Russia with a CAGR of 8.5%.
- Europe is expected to spend around $1,921.9 million, North America is expected to spend around $1,238.8 million, and Asia is anticipated to spend $1,146.1 million on this weapons across the forecast period.
- Crowd dispersal non-lethal weapons segment is expected to have the highest demand in this market.
- Budget cuts in most of the western countries are anticipated to have minimal impact on the market.
- The U.S. is expected to procure this weapons worth around $1,186.5 million across the forecast period.
- The industry is fragmented and most of the tier-1 players are from U.S. and Europe.
- Increase in joint development and production and public-private partnerships are anticipated .
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Market Dynamics
5 Trend Analysis
6 Market Analysis & Forecast
7 Competitive Landscape
8 Company Profiles
- Bae Systems PLC
- Boeing Company
- Brugger & Thomet Ag
- Condor Non-Lethal Technologies
- Drs Technologies, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Intelligent Optical Systems, Inc.
- Lamperd Less Lethal, Inc.
- Metal Storm Ltd
- Moog, Inc.
- Nonlethal Technologies, Inc.
- Qinetiq Group PLC
- Raytheon Company
- Taser International, Inc.
- Textron Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zbfd87/nonlethal
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.