A North East family is displaced tonight, after their house is destroyed by fire.
It happened around 3:00 p.m. Thursday, in a home off of Mechanics Street.
We're told, the fire started in the back room and quickly spread throughout the house. It took crews about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.
As of now, it is unclear exactly how it started, but firefighters say it might be the result of an electrical problem.
Donna Chatfield and two of her family members were home at the time of the fire. Chatfield says despite losing everything, she remains positive.
"It's going to be hard. I have my grandson living with me who is 13 and he lost everything he owned too," said Chatfield. "So it's going to be a hard one. Hard times come, you just look for the silver lining."
The family is now being helped out by the American Red Cross.