It's the season of giving. But for criminals, it's also the season of taking. A local band is learning that the hard way.
Earlier this week, burglars broke into the band French Kiss' practice spot, just days before a big show benefiting children.
According to the band's lead singer Jim Sorrell, the culprits made off with most of their gear, including nine guitars, drums and electronics worth thousands of dollars.
The group is getting ready to play the "Rock for Tots" show at Junior's Last Laugh on Sunday, which helps collect toys for children. Fortunately, other bands in the community have donated equipment for them to use so they can still play.
But, band members want their own gear back.
"As musicians, people grow to their instruments and have a sentimental value," said Sorrell. "You can replace something with cash, but you can't replace something with something that means something to you inside, or something you hold."
Here is a list of the band's missing equipment:
1.Pink B.C. Rich bass with green strings
2.Pink Charvel guitar
3. White Charvel guitar
4. White Fender Stratocaster
5. Magenta Charvel guitar
6. Burgundy Charvel guitar
7. White Triumph bass guitar
8. Blue Gibson Thunderbird with signature on headstock
9. Ampeg bass head
10. Pink TAMA snare drum
11. Zildjian Cymbals: K custom hihats, 2 18" Z Custom crashes, 17 A Custom Crash, 21" Zildjian China, 21" Z custom Ride
12. Shure guitar wireless system
13. Shure guitar Wireless system
14. Road Runner guitar stand case
If you have any information on this case, you're asked to contact state police at 814-898-1641.