One Erie firefighter was injured after falling through a collapsed floor while fighting overnight fire at the Veterans of Foreign Wars club.
Erie Fire Department got the call just after 4am on Sunday to 2517 Ash Street.
The fire burned a three-by-eight hole through the first floor to the basement, likely smoldering for hours before erupting into flame, according to the fire inspector.
Crews were on scene for about an hour and a half, and one firefighter suffered minor injuries.
"They got on scene, they got in the building and there was heavy smoke conditions. They couldn't find the fire at first, and they were crawling around. One firefighter crawled over the area just where the fire was, and the floor gave way and he went down," said John Widomski, inspector of the fire.
He was treated by emergency crews on scene.
Widomski says there was wiring near where the fire started, but the cause has not yet been isolated.
The investigation continues on Monday morning.