Cat Sparked Fire That Left Erie Families Homeless - WICU12 HD WSEE Erie, PA News, Sports, Weather and Events

Cat Sparked Fire That Left Erie Families Homeless

Posted: Updated:
 It would appear a cat is partly to blame, for a fire that left a number of Erie families without a permanent place to live.

The fire broke out around 1:00 Wednesday morning, in an apartment house in the area of east 13th and Wallace streets.

Nobody was hurt, but there are four apartments in the building, so the fire left a number of people displaced.

Chief Fire Inspector Guy Santone says the fire started when a cat knocked over a heat lamp, that was being used to keep an iguana warm.

Both a cat and the iguana died in the fire.

Fire fighters were able to contain the fire to a bedroom on the second floor, they had it out in about 10 minutes. However, there was lots of smoke and water damage throughout the home.

The affected families are getting help from the local chapter of the American Red Cross.

Submit your event now
Powered by WorldNow
3514 State St. Erie, PA 16508
Newsroom: (814)454-8812
Toll Free: 1(800)454-8812
Business offices: (814)454-5201
WICU FCC Filing
WSEE FCC Filing
Share:
Share Stories
Submit your stories to our site!
Share Photos
Share your photos in our community galleries
Mobile:
Mobile Site
Be sure to stay constantly updated with the power of WICU12 and WSEE at your fingertips
Free Android App
Free iPhone App
Free iPad App
Storm Tracker App
Droid
iPhone
iPad
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WICU. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
                   WICU/WSEE - 3514 State Street Erie, PA 16508 - (814) 454-5201 - info@wicu12.com