May 15, 2014 / Garcinia Cambogia Extract has recently been in the spotlight for its unique weight loss abilities.
The pumpkin like fruit from which Garcinia Cambogia is derived (Malabar Tamarind), has long been used to enhance the culinary experience of certain South-East Asian dishes, and is now being recognized as one of the most effective and safest weight loss ingredients available today. The recent popularity of the Garcinia Cambogia Extract supplement, has prompted the American Journal of Weight Loss to analyze multiple double-blind studies, into the overall safety and effectiveness of this product.
Initial claims by the media determined that subjects who used a particular grade of the Garcinia Cambogia supplement, lost up to 3x the amount of weight then subjects who were given a placebo. After the prior claims were made, multiple studies and research by various institutions were conducted on the supplement. “It very quickly became apparent that Garcinia Cambogia is effective for weight loss, providing the grade of the product meets the standard,” stated Brian Hopkins of the American Journal of Weight Loss, referring to how many low grade product are being sold as the real thing.
In one controlled study, 60 overweight people went on an eight-week diet of 1,200 calories per day with either a 1,320 mg daily dose of HCA or a placebo. The HCA group lost 14 pounds, compared to 6.1 pounds in the placebo group. Another study published in the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy concluded that the supplement was indeed a “highly effective adjunct to healthy weight control.” According to the data, with no changes in diet, a person may lose up to 11 pounds in a month; but as with all weight loss plans, adding exercise and eating healthfully are recommended.
When the American Dieting Journal compiled all the data from 10 of the top studies regarding Garcinia Cambogia and weight loss, many common trends became apparent. “We found subjects who used high grade Garcinia Cambogia supplements consistently lost much more weight then the placebo groups; furthermore, we noticed products that were low in quality did nothing for weight loss.” All the studies analyzed concluded that the active ingredient found to fight fat in Garcinia Cambogia is Hydroxycitric – Acid (HCA), and providing the Garcinia Cambogia ingested is of “high grade” and contains a minimum of 60% HCA, weight loss was “highly likely to occur.”
Unlike other, more traditional weight-loss supplements such as Ephedrine, Synephrine, and Caffeine, Garcinia Cambogia is NOT a stimulant. It does not work by turning up the bodies metabolism, and as such does not carry the dangers of stimulants such as: Elevated hear-rate, high blood pressure, uncontrolled sweating, poor and irritable moods, anxiety, constipation, as well as increased risk of heart attack and stroke. Garcinia Cambogia Extract is therefore considered safe for dieters, according to the American Journal of Weight Loss.
Since Garcinia Cambogia is not a stimulant, it acts differently by inhibiting a enzyme in the body (citric acid lysase) responsible for synthesizing fatty-acids, a process known as de novo lipogenesis. This blocks the bodies ability to store fat, leaving it free to be immediately used by the body as a source of energy. In addition to this, it helps free already stored fat, allowing the body to burn it off quickly.
The effects of Garcinia Cambogia Extract are bi-phasic, this means it works via two separate pathways.
-First, it appears to have an immediate effect on serotonin levels in the brain, the “feel good” chemical. By increasing levels of serotonin, mood is increased and appetite is suppressed; effectively eliminating emotional eating habits.
- Second, a chemical in the extract called Hydroxy-citric Acid (HCA) interrupts the bodies ability to synthesize fatty acids, effectively blocking fat from being stored and leaving it readily available as an immediate source of energy. This not only leads to significant fat loss, but greatly increases energy levels and highly enhances feelings of well being.
- Recent research suggests that Garcinia Cambogia Extract may act by a third pathway, directly attacking abdominal fat. Instead of storing fat, it releases the fat to be used immediately by the body as a source of energy. Although tests are still being done to confirm this third pathway, the implications are incredible. One 2014 Journal of American Supplements study revealed significant weight loss among users without changing diet or exercise.
“Sourcing the right brand of Garcinia Cambogia extract is the majority of the battle in achieving safe weight loss, with this product.”
The major concern with the use of some Garcinia Cambogia products is the mixtures used, not Garcinia Cambogia extract itself. Pure Garcinia Cambogia showed no side effects, and side effects only occurred in inferior unnatural Garcinia Cambogia extract products. Overall, if a quality brand of the product is used, Garcinia Cambogia is extremely safe.
Things to Look For when purchasing Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- The Product is Made in the U.S.A
- Must contain 60% HCA
- All Natural Ingredients.
- No toxic additives or fillers on product’s label.
- Is a proven product.
- High Potency Extraction Process
- The Garcinia Cambogia Extract is Backed by Human Clinical Trails!
With chemical and physical interactions occurring within a supplement, it is difficult to determine the exact efficiency of the product remaining. Manufactures are not required to list the exact amount of fillers within the supplement; therefore it is difficult to determine the amount of non-medicinal ingredients versus medicinal ingredients used. Always use caution when putting anything in your body, and purchase only verified products.
“Supplement manufacturers often add in fillers to their garcinia cambogia Extract for numerous reasons.”
1.Easier and faster production (cutting costs): Supplements like garcinia cambogia Extract, involve an extraction procedure which requires more time and more money to acquire and finish product product. Rather then spend the time or money, additives are used leading to an inferior product.
2. More appealing to the eye (colorants): We eat and buy with our eyes, low quality manufactures of garcinia cambogia Extract know this, so artificial colors are used to make their product more appealing to the eye, again leading to an ineffective product.
3. Easier to swallow (coatings): Magnesium Stearate is used as a lubricant so that the pills don’t stick to one another, or to the equipment being used during production. This is the sole reason why magnesium stearate is used in supplements and vitamins. Magnesium Stearate is a toxic ingredient, and should not be added to supplements as it caries serious health consequences. Access garcinia cambogia products that do not contain dangerous additives here.
About Natural Reviews
Natural Reviews, is a top-tier provider of natural health product information through clinical research. Research is conducted to aid and promote healthy lifestyles, weight loss, and high quality products to consumers. Natural Reviews uses highly efficient research methods to gain accurate results on many dieting products without bias, and will only publish results that include safe natural ingredients, in order to assure optimum health and safety. Natural Reviews is dedicated to providing its viewers quality information that is geared towards living longer, healthier, and happier lives. The primary purpose of this release is to help consumers avoid poor quality products online, while shedding light on quality brands leading to informed buying decisions, and creating a better buying experience.
More Sources on Garcinia Cambogia and HCA