Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Silicon Photonics 2014 Report: US$1B Spent in the Past 3 years on Si Photonics Companies' Acquisitions" report to their offering.
Silicon photonics is an exciting field that mixes optics, CMOS, MEMS and 3D stacking technologies. Over the past several years, it's become clear that some technical choices will be better than others for successful commercial development:
Silicon photonics is a business opportunity for different player types: OSATs, MEMS firms, semiconductors companies, etc., because it involves different challenges for packaging, optical alignment and electronics integration. The need for very diverse technologies creates a need for different packaging/micro-machining/manufacturing approaches.
In this report, analysts forecast the Si photonics market for four different applications: HPC, future-generation optical data centers, telecom and others (including sensors, medical and consumer).
Key Topics Covered:
1. About the authors
2. Why this report?
3. List of companies cited in the report
4. What is new compared to 2012 release
5. What we got right, what we got wrong
6. Executive Summary
7. 2012-2014 Breaking news in Si Photonics
8. Rationale for Si Photonics
9. Si Photonics building blocks
10. Laser source integration
11. Photonic interposers to intra-chips
12. Packaging & integration challenges
13. 2013-2024 Si Photonics market forecast
14. Applications description
16. Molex AOC case study: reverse engineering & cost structure
17. Financial analysis
18. Transactions & investments in Si photonics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fpsc4c/silicon_photonics
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.