Space Heater Blamed in West Erie Fire - Erie News Now | WICU & WSEE in Erie, PA

Space Heater Blamed in West Erie Fire

Posted: Updated:
ERIE, Pa. -

A space heater is being blamed for a fire in west Erie Thursday, according to Erie's chief fire inspector.

Firefighters were called to the home at 3013 Liberty St. around 9 p.m.

Flames were reported from the second story of the three-story wood frame residence. 

Fire fighters needed about 30 minutes to knock the blaze down.

The residence is a single-family home.

One person was home at the time of the fire, but got out safely. No injuries were reported.

A space heater in a second floor bedroom that was plugged into a power strip started the fire. Erie fire inspector John Widomski warns that any appliance needs to be plugged into a wall outlet to help prevent fires.

Copyright 2017 Erie News Now. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Current Conditions

Upload your own image or video

Powered by Frankly
3514 State St. Erie, PA 16508
Newsroom: (814) 454-8812
Business offices: (814) 454-5201
Share Stories
Submit your stories to our site!
Share Photos
Share your photos in our community galleries
RSS Feeds
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WICU. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
                   WICU/WSEE - 3514 State Street Erie, PA 16508 - (814) 454-5201 -